When you read the “Our Journey 2020” booklet, or watch the accompanying videos, or visit Our Journey on the web, you’ll notice that all of these pieces have something in common: stories.
Why? Why use stories to tell people about the Christian Reformed Church’s new ministry plan?
It’s because stories are powerful. Even simple stories have the ability to engage us on many levels, not just our heads but our hearts.
The stories in “Our Journey” aren’t intended to be prescriptive. They don’t tell you exactly what to do or how to do it. They’re more of a travelogue than a road map.
So as you read, watch or hear these stories of ordinary people and ordinary churches doing ordinary things, sometimes with extraordinary results, think about your own stories and those of your church. Where has God placed you, and what journey are you on?
And, if you feel comfortable, share your stories by using the Comments section provided here on the Network:
- Share Your Story About 'Churches Flowing Into Their Communities'
- Share Your Story About ‘Churches Nurturing Disciples’
- Share Your Story About ‘Churches Cultivating Leaders’
- Share Your Story About ‘Churches Telling Our Story’
- Share Your Story About ‘Churches Working in Partnership’
Because we’re all on this journey together.