What is a Worship Peer Learning Group?
A Worship Peer Learning Group is a small group of 3-5 persons involved in leading or planning worship in the local church. These groups can be made up of individuals from the same or different churches, meeting in person or electronically, to study one of that year's chosen books. Worship Ministries chooses different books each year to support learning in particular areas.
2017-2018 books (choose one)*
- Essential Worship: A Handbook for Leaders, by Greg Scheer
- You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit, by James K. A. Smith
- The Church of All Ages: Generations Worshiping Together, Howard Vanderwell, editor; essays by nine writers—pastors, teachers, worship planners
Would you like to discuss worship with a small group of fellow worship planners/leaders/participants? Now is the time to think about asking a few people to join you—either from other churches in your community or your own church. Groups will begin forming in August. To get started leave a comment below, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Diane at 616-224-0727.
This is the third year that Worship Ministries will be supporting these groups. Attendees and leaders have found them to be a good source of learning, support, and encouragement. Comments from previous group leaders:
- It’s good to get worship leaders together to share their joys and concerns.
- The study and discussion opens our minds up to new ideas, thinking outside of the box. -Cindy Gritters, Pella, IA
- One surprise benefit was the prayer support and care extended to one another in the group. -Pastor Joe Hamilton, Thunder Bay, ON
*Each participant receives a free book.