In 2017, we encouraged pastors to participate in the Creation Care Preaching Challenge. We received several great submissions and we're excited to share them!
We asked that submitted sermons follow these guidelines:
- allow the Scripture text to lead the message
- explicitly address modern creation care/climate issues and their relationship to biblical justice, especially including local illustrations or effects of policy choices on threatened communities
- highlight the truth and hope of the good news of Jesus Christ
- include practical “what you can do” applications
- express our intimate relationship with creation
Thomas Aquinas famously wrote, “Any error about creation also leads to an error about God.“ Preaching about creation is one way that we as a church can reawaken this often forgotten relationship that God wove into our very beings.
Check out our selected submissions, and get inspired!
- Justice and Consumption - Jack Van de Hoef
- The Earth is the Lord's...Restore It! - Phillip Leo
- Cosmic Hope for Creation - Kory Plockmeyer