Are you talking about Indigenous justice with the kids in your church? Here are a few lesson ideas to get you started!
- 10 Books about Residential Schools to Read with Your Kids
- This list, divided by age group, helps parents, teachers, and caregivers to open a conversation about reconciliation using language and stories that kids can understand.
- Kids for Kids
- This simple lesson plan talks about the creation of humanity in God’s image, and how that makes every single one of us special!
Have you led a justice based Sunday School lesson? We'd love to hear about it! Leave us a comment or email us at [email protected].
Looking for ideas to start talking about Indigenous justice with your kids at home?
- What to Say to Kids about “Pilgrims and Indians”
- An interesting article written by a mother keen to help her son truly understand the stories of pilgrims and Native peoples, especially around Thanksgiving. Though not Canadian, it does contain great advice!
- Shannen’s Dream Campaign
- Kids can be advocates too! Shannen Koostachin advocated for safe and comfortable schools on her home reserve of Attawapiskat and made a difference. There are many resources on this page to help other kids and youth learn about Shannen’s impact and how they too can advocate for fair education for First Nations kids.