“I am really interested in learning about how children grow in faith. I was wondering if there were any books and authors that you would recommend to start reading.”
When Faith Formation Ministries (FFM) team leader Syd Hielema received the above request, he passed it along to FFM team members and children’s ministry leaders Liz Tolkamp, Laura Keeley, and Karen DeBoer. Within 30 minutes they’d compiled a list of go-to books on nurturing faith in the lives of children that was so rich we just had to pass it along.
- Children Matter: Celebrating their Place in the Church, Family and Community
- Children's Ministry in the Way of Jesus .
- Formational Children's Ministry
- God's Big Table
- Helping our Children Grow in Faith
- I Wonder
- Lifelong Faith Journals
- Shaped by God
- Offering the Gospel to Children
- Will Our Children Have Faith?
How about you? What books and authors would you recommend for those who are interested in learning how children grow in faith?