1. Develop and communicate a strong vision for Children’s ministry at Hillside.
2. Partner with the Youth Directors to provide an integrated educational program for the youth of Hillside.
3. Co-lead the mid-week Explorers Program
4. Establish an organized curriculum for children birth through 4th grade.
5. Obtain the necessary materials to fill the curriculum needs.
6. Recruit the volunteers needed to meet the ministry needs.
7. Maintain strong relationships with and provide training, resources and support for all volunteers.
8. Coordinate and oversee an annual summer outreach event. (VBS, Mega Camp or similar ministries).
9. Oversee the nursery leaders, preschool and elementary leaders, and Explorer leaders.
10. Meet at least bi-monthly with the Children’s Ministries Staff.
11. Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
12. Oversees Nursery Coordinator
Responsible to: Executive Administrator
Works closely with: Hillside Kids volunteers, Hillside staff, Pastors, parents, and children.
1. Has a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Be a member of Hillside Community Church and in agreement with the stated vision and mission of Hillside Community Church.
3. Be able to communicate effectively and have strong relational skills.
4. Previous experience and/or related college education strongly preferred.
Time required: This would be a full time position of 32-36 hours a week (includes Sunday mornings and may include occasional weeknights).
Compensation: The job will be compensated according to the educational background and experience of the person and will include benefits.
To learn more about Hillside Community Church, visit our website.