River Terrace Church
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Classification: Non clergy ministry staff
Reports to: Pastor of Outreach and Discipleship
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, hourly (approximately 20 to 30 hours per week)
The Children’s Ministry Director will serve the congregation of River Terrace by overseeing all children’s discipleship and worship through the selection and implementation of programs and curriculum. This position is to facilitate children’s discipleship and worship as we engage in the mission of seeing ‘hearts and minds flourish in Christ.’
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Volunteer and Paid Staff Coordination
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers for Sunday School; preschool through 5th grade
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers for children’s clubs; Kingdom Kids, GEMS and Cadets; preschool through 6th grade
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers for worship for children and adults in Greenhouse, the walk out program.
- Interview and hire nursery staff for scheduled events with nursery coverage--ensuring trained and committed nursery staff.
- Curriculum and Event Planning
- Develop weekly lesson plan for Greenhouse
- Research and select appropriate curriculum for all children’s programs
- Plan and implement children’s participation in special programs such as Vacation Bible School, family Christmas Eve program, Winter Fun Day, Church Picnic, Third Grade Bible Presentations, and other camps and events to support and foster relationships for families at River Terrace
- Oversee children’s choirs including Joyful Noise Children’s Choir, and Manger Choir
- Additional Responsibilities
- Oversee creation of weekly worship resources and participants, such as Praise Packs, acolytes, ushers, greeters, family Advent participants, and offering announcements for Dynamic Youth Ministries and VBS
- Collaborate with pastors, ministry staff, Council, and volunteers as team overseeing overall faith formation of the congregation.
- Coordinate with new parents and volunteers regarding meals and support following a birth/adoption, and with other congregants in need of meals at times such as recovering from surgery.
- Coordinate with families regarding information concerning the sacraments of baptism and children at the Lord’s Supper.
Must be sufficiently ambulatory to move materials, supplies, and equipment. Because of the extensive interpersonal contact required by the position, must have the ability to communicate effectively both in person and over the telephone. Extensive reading, writing, and keyboarding are required to successfully perform the requirements of the position.
Skills and qualifications:
- Has a sound understanding of scripture and has a passion for God and His people.
- Willingness to learn more about the ministries, systems, and members of River Terrace Church and the Christian Reformed denomination.
- Team player, works well with leadership, church members, and visitors
- Flexibility to engage various ages and stages of development of children
- Experience with small and large group event planning
- Ability to recognize, recruit, and train volunteers for multiple roles
- Able to provide encouragement and support to volunteers
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and manage several projects at one time
- Basic abilities utilizing social media and YouTube for online ministry components
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and online meeting software
- Hardworking, helpful and hospitable; able to receive input from others
- Ability to effectively organize and administer a broad range of programs and activities
- Ability to propose and work within annual budgets for respective ministry areas
- Demonstrated interest in the areas of children’s ministry and faith formation.
- Demonstrated maturity, dependability and confidentiality
Schedule and weekday office hours to be decided with the supervisor. Additional hours are required regularly on Sunday mornings and some weekday evenings for children’s programs and volunteer training.
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].