Job Title: Children's Ministry Pastor
Position Type: Half Time
Salary & Benefits: negotiable depending on experience
Church Info: All Nations Church - San Antonio
1250 Holbrook Road, San Antonio, TX 78218
www.onnurisa.com (in Korean)
ANC-SA (All Nations Church - San Antonio) is seeking a Pastor, who has passion for God and compassion for God’s children, for its Children's Ministry (Kinder - 5th), aka Promise Land. ANC-SA is a predominantly 1st generation Korean American congregation with a healthy number of 1.5 & 2nd generation as well as Americans of other origin (non-Koreans). ANC-SA averages Sunday attendance of 350 members, of which approximately 40 belong to Promise Land. Promise Land also has a handful of dedicated teachers/volunteers. Promise Land Pastor will work with these teachers as well as the Promise Land PTA and other pastoral staffs to assure healthy spiritual growth of our Promise Land children.
As such, individuals seeking this position should be able to articulate a clear vision and ministry strategy for Promise Land. Individuals seeking this position should be effective communicators with our children, parents and staff (both lay and ordained). Individuals seeking this position should also demonstrate strength in building and nurturing relationships with our children, parents, and staff.
- Must believe in Jesus Christ as one's personal Lord and Savior and be able to articulate the Gospel clearly with conviction.
- Must love children and have physical/emotional/spiritual energy to match that of the children.
- Must have a master's degree in theology, preferably M.Div from an accredited seminary. (seminary students who are currently enrolled in such a degree will be considered only in the absence of qualified candidate with a degree)
- Must be fluent in English; strong preference given to bilingual candidate in English & Korean
- Must have both American and Korean cultural literacy;
- Must have minimum 2 years of ministry experience with Children's Ministry; preferably in Korean American church context
- Must be a team player (be able to adjust and accommodate parents, teachers, and pastoral staff)
- Must plan and lead weekly Promise Land Sunday worship -- including preaching -- in conjunction with the teachers.
- Must run an effective weekly faith formative program on Fridays.
- Must lead weekly/bi-weekly teacher's meeting and train Promise Land staff.
- Must periodically hold PTA meetings to inform parents about the on-going Promise Land ministries and to recruit parental support.
- Must attend weekly Pastoral Staff meetings (early morning on Wednesdays) to inform and be informed.
- Must plan and organize seasonal ministries (VBS, Hallelujah Night, First Noel) according to the Liturgical calendar.
Please submit your (1) Resume (2) Cover Letter (3) Ministry Philosophy (3) Personal Testimony and (4) 2 References to [email protected] (or by mail to All Nations Church Search Committee 1250 Holbrook, San Antonio, TX 78218) by no later than May 31st, 2019. Prospective candidates will be individually contacted on a rolling basis and may be asked to provide further documents including references.