- Do you include people who are active in ministry in your budgeting process?
- Does the Finance Team review the goals of the church and plan appropriately for them in the budget?
- If someone left $100,000 to your church in their will, what would you do with it?
- Do you have an action plan for meeting goals?
- What needs do you want to meet in the coming year?
- Do you plan for more and for less?
- Does your presentation of financial information inspire vision?
This article by Richard Bergstrom on Your Church Blog provides insight into these ideas. I was most intrigued by the thought of a media presentation about ministry in the past year and coming year connected with a few budget numbers. What if we provided a media presentation once a year during the offering of a worship service as we offer our gifts to the Lord? In this presentation we could celebrate together as a church family the past year and look to God's blessing and vision for ministry in the coming year. Then, when it comes time to voting for the budget, people will have seen the media presentation and be thinking about what we can accomplish together as a church with our faithful giving. Does any church already do an annual media presentation?