Assistant Pastor – English Ministry The English Ministry Pastor for the English Congregation is responsible to the Immanuel Christian Reformed Church (ICRC) to provide spiritual leadership by:
- modeling in his or her personal life the grace and love of God;
- proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ;
- teaching the biblical revelation;
- engaging in pastoral care ministries; and
- providing leadership and guidance in all areas of church life.
This position is to report directly to ICRC Council with full reportorial responsibilities and accountability of all English Congregation ministries and teams
- Prepare and deliver sermons and to preach Bible doctrine;
- Plan and conduct the English-language worship services, and lead in the observance of the ordinances;
- Provide spiritual counseling and pastoral care to the congregation;
- Lead in prayer and guide the overall spiritual formation of the English Congregation;
- Lead in effective programs of prayer, discipleship, evangelism, mission and care for persons in the Church and in the community;
- Visit members and prospective members;
- Lead the English Congregation in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating its total program to accomplish the stated mission and vision statement and spiritual goals of the Church;
- Encourage and work with the English Congregation Leadership Team, Deacons, ministry teams and committees as they carry out their responsibilities;
- Engage in ongoing personal and professional development;
- To provide on-going spiritual training for leaders and to nurture and raise potential leaders.
- Must have God's calling to church ministry.
- Subscribe to and agree with ICRC’s Statement of Faith.
- Graduate from a recognized seminary.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong leadership, communication, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
Join our team as we work to further the Kingdom of God in Richmond, B.C.
Immanuel CRC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience along with comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in this position, please apply at https://icrc.ca/apply or submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].