Associate Pastor of Spanish Ministry Job Description
Pflugerville Community Church
1214 Pfennig Lane, Pflugerville, Texas
Pflugerville Community Church (PCC) is a non-demoninational church in Pflugerville, Texas, a rapidly growing city of approximately 70,000 people located between Austin and Round Rock, Texas. Launched as a church plant in March of 1996, its Sunday worship attendance has grown to nearly 300 in three services, one of which is in Spanish. The Spanish service was launched about 6 years ago, and current Sunday attendance is about 60. PCC maintains an active children’s ministry, youth ministry, and senior’s ministry, as well as a thriving preschool.
PCC is seeking to fill the position of a part-time bilingual Associate Pastor of Spanish Ministry (APSM) to lead the Spanish worship service and to grow the outreach effort into the greater Latino community. (Pflugerville is 40% Hispanic.) The APSM must be fluent in Spanish and able to preach 40-45 Sundays a year and work with the Worship Leader in planning Spanish services.
The APSM will provide staff leadership for the Spanish ministry, ensuring that all Spanish ministry relates to the vision and purpose of PCC. The APSM should be able to assist in training small group leaders, in visiting the sick, and attending to other duties and responsibilities as they arise.
The APSM reports to and works alongside the Senior Pastor in fostering the goal of unity within a congregation that includes three services, two languages, and yet remains One Church.
The APSM must be proficient in English and able to communicate at weekly staff meetings and monthly elders’ meetings. The APSM is required to attend the main events of the church-at-large, including retreats, outreach efforts, the annual congregational meeting, and other special services and events.
Requirements: Graduate of a recognized college or university with at least a Bachelor’s degree. Seminary degree or course work preferred, but not required. Experience in ministry leadership roles working with Hispanics is desirable.
- Be a living example and follower of Jesus.
- Encourage the members of PCC to interact and grow together in the fulfillment of the purpose and vision of the church; modeling for the church and community a multicultural congregation.
- Lead the Spanish ministry in fellowship of worship, witness, education and ministry; to proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers; and to care for the church members and other persons in the community.
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate Spanish worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances; conduct other services as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Develop lay people to become leaders within the Spanish ministry. Shepherd and lead emerging leaders, holding them accountable to their ministries to ensure the spiritual care and discipleship of the body.
- Be involved in cultural and social events for the Spanish community as a tool for outreach and evangelism.
For more information, contact:
Pastor Steve Clem at: [email protected]