Director of Worship
Olympia CRC is a 48-year-old church ministering in beautiful Olympia WA. We worship with about 210 people of mixed ages and backgrounds. Our vision is to be a community transfixed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are captivated by the idea that his power and presence can be lived out in us. Seeking to love God and to love others, we will be grace givers and truth tellers, seed planters and risk takers in Olympia and beyond, partnering with all who would advance the kingdom. We are looking for a Director of Worship to help us meet this vision.
To facilitate weekly worship gatherings consistent with Olympia CRC's Worship Ministry Principles of inspiring worship, undistracting excellence, encouraging intergenerational participation, and engaging head and heart. The objective is to lead God-centered worship gatherings that rehearse the gospel story, encouraging our congregation to respond to God for who he is, and to establish Jesus as Lord in all of our affections and priorities. The Worship Leader will work closely with the Lead Pastor to plan and lead worship, and will cultivate a community of volunteers with liturgical, musical and artistic giftedness.
- Plan and lead transformative Sunday worship gatherings in conjunction with Lead Pastor and other worship leaders
- Communicate the gospel with winsomeness and life-giving affirmation
- Recruit, train, and continually develop liturgists, vocalists and musicians for worship leadership
- Worship Admin: prepare music for band, prepare projection, communicate with staff
- Oversee technical team and develop audio/visual elements for worship gatherings
- Demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity to the needs and culture of the congregation.
- A love for Christ, a mature personal faith in him as Savior and Lord, and a well-grounded knowledge of the Bible.
- Knowledge of and agreement with Reformed doctrine
- A demonstrable passion for and ability to lead Christ centered worship
- Agreement with the values and vision of OCRC and ability to sign our Safe Church Policy
- Musical gifts and the ability to develop musical gifts in others
- A bachelor’s degree with some theological training preferred
- Strong skills for organization, long-term planning and self-direction
- Integrity & Honesty
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, Creativity, Vision, Responsibility
- Immediately responsible to the Lead Pastor, ultimately responsible to the Council
- 90-day review will be done in the first year, annual review in subsequent years.
- This is a 25 hour / week position. It is possible to combine this position with our director of Youth and Family position to create a FT position
- Starting at $23 / hour. Health insurance is provided for a FT position
- Pastoral care and continuing education budget available.
To be considered for this position, please provide a letter of interest that addresses your interest in this position and ability to perform the responsibilities described for this role along with a resume that clearly demonstrates how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. For inquiries about this position, please contact Mark Van Haitsma at (360) 357-4439 or email to [email protected].
Applications can be sent via email or mailed to:
Olympia Christian Reformed Church
2121 Log Cabin Rd SE
Olympia WA 98501