Director of Youth and Family Life at Grant Reformed Church
YOUTH DIRECTOR POSITION
15-20 HOURS/WEEK with the possibility of additional hours in administration, pastoral care, preaching, or outreach.
- Plan & facilitate youth group gatherings for middle school and high school students.
- Equip volunteer leaders and prepare small group questions.
- Plan games & activities for youth group nights
- Lead own small group of high school students
- Meet with supervisor
- Meet with middle and high school leaders.
- Meet with students individually
- Potential to preach one or two times per month
- Prepare monthly report of previous month’s work for consistory
- Plan & facilitate youth retreats
- Plan & facilitate leader training
- Plan & facilitate parents meeting
- Plan & facilitate mission trips
- Oversee fundraising events
- Help plan semester calendars
- Mature and growing Christian faith showing a strong Christian worldview, demonstrated by personal integrity, Christian discipline, a clear knowledge of Scripture. The candidate must be a professing membership of a Reformed congregation, displaying a high view of Scripture and subscription to the three-forms of unity.
- Demonstrated ability to listen well and appreciate a variety of viewpoints.
- A self-starter who is able to initiate projects and relationships with people as needed.
- Able to work as part of a team and with people from a variety of perspectives and willing to seek and listen carefully to the input of God and others.
- Willingness to seek out and participate in continuing educational opportunities in relevant ministry areas.
- Must be a teachable, humble, and willing to learn the religious and social context of our community.
- Resilient and flexible; able to adjust to a different rhythm of life; a high level of patience with self and a diminished need to be “in control.”
*Must be willing to become an active member of Grant Reformed Church
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred in a theological related field.
2. Some experience in local church youth ministry preferred.