Director of Youth and Family
Olympia CRC is a 48-year-old church ministering in beautiful Olympia WA. We worship with about 210 people of mixed ages and backgrounds. Our vision is to be a community transfixed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are captivated by the idea that his power and presence can be lived out in us. Seeking to love God and to love others, we will be grace givers and truth tellers, seed planters and risk takers in Olympia and beyond, partnering with all who would advance the kingdom. We are looking for a Youth and Family Director to help us fulfill this vision.
To nurture our children and youth in a faith that’s deep and wide, and, to support families as they nurture faith at home. Our goal is to see that all of our children, youth, and families develop a deep, personal love for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are equipped to joyfully live out their faith both in the life of our church and in our community. The director will work with volunteer ministry teams to coordinate programs, ensure a robust, age-appropriate curriculum, build mentoring relationships and provide spiritual care.
- To recruit, equip and encourage a team of leaders
- To engage in strategic planning and program coordination
- To ensure a safe, fun, Christ-centered environment consistent with Reformed distinctives for all youth ministries.
- To encourage students to publicly profess Jesus as their Savior and Lord
- To infuse a sense of mission and service within our church and to our city.
- A love for Christ, a mature personal faith in him as Savior and Lord, and a well-grounded knowledge of the Bible.
- Knowledge of and agreement with Reformed doctrine
- A demonstrable passion for and ability to lead a Christ centered youth ministry
- Agreement with the values and vision of OCRC and ability to sign our church’s Safe Church policy
- A bachelor’s degree, with some theological training preferred
- Strong skills for organization, long-term planning and self-direction
- Integrity & Honesty
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, Creativity, Vision, Responsibility
- Immediately responsible to the Lead Pastor, ultimately responsible to the Council
- 90-day review will be done in the first year, annual review in subsequent years.
- This is a 25 hour / week position. It is possible to combine this position with our Director of Worship position to create a FT position
- Starting at $23 / hour. Health insurance is provided for a FT position
- Pastoral care and continuing education budget available.
To be considered for this position, please provide a letter of interest that addresses your interest in this position and ability to perform the responsibilities described for this role along with a resume that clearly demonstrates how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Kim Stuard at (360) 464-3429 or email to [email protected].
Applications can be sent via email or mailed to:
Olympia Christian Reformed Church
2121 Log Cabin Rd SE
Olympia WA 98501