Position Summary: The Minister will proclaim, explain the Word, and apply Holy Scripture in order to glorify God. He will provide leadership, training, and encouragement to the Council and members of the Sully Christian Reformed Church.
- The Lead Pastor must demonstrate a strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The Lead Pastor should have a mix of the following spiritual gifts—leadership, teaching, wisdom, evangelism, and encouragement.
- The Lead Pastor will have a seminary degree and be ordained as a minister in the Reformed faith.
- The Lead Pastor must have the ability to organize, lead, encourage, motivate, and work with others.
- The Lead Pastor will be responsible for overseeing worship at Sully Christian Reformed Church.
- The Lead Pastor will work with the Worship Coordinator to plan worship services.
- The Lead Pastor will preach a weekly AM service and one PM service per month.
- The Lead Pastor will give guidance to the Council.
- The Lead Pastor will keep the Council updated on his ministry plans.
- The Lead Pastor will provide leadership for the Council as is helpful and appropriate.
- The Lead Pastor helps foster an environment where the Holy Spirit can work in the hearts of the congregation to promote a passion for evangelism.
- The Lead Pastor will provide visionary and strategic leadership in outreach and evangelism.
- The Lead Pastor will work with the congregation to bring new members into the church.
4. Pastoral Care
- The Lead Pastor with the elders will make calls on those who are hospitalized, in nursing homes, shut-ins, and those who experience loss or the birth of new babies.
- The Lead Pastor with the elders will connect with inactive members to seek to reconnect them to God and the church.
- The Lead Pastor will be available for private counseling of members as needed, including pre-marital counseling.
The Lead Pastor will set an example in faith, life, and speech—including the following:
- by being a servant leader
- by showing the importance of growing in spiritual maturity. We encourage continued growth and offer one week per year for personal growth development.
- by showing joyful generosity in the giving of his time.
- The Lead Pastor shall attend Administrative Team, Elder, Council, and various committee meetings related to specific tasks.
- The Council would encourage the Lead Pastor to be involved in Classis, Synod, and other ministries.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications
To apply: Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Rick Fopma (Search Committee Chair)
Email: [email protected]