Crown Point, Indiana, is a hub for young suburban families and teens. Our Student Ministries leader will guide a thriving, comprehensive, and expanding ministry with the teens of First CRC and the surrounding community. If you are energized to build relationships, develop student and adult leaders, and connect churched and unchurched teens to Christ, this position will inspire and challenge you. First CRC is a church of 747 with a strong core of families with children and teens. The Position Description is listed below and available, along with the application form found here. Submit your application and resume to [email protected].
TRAITS OF THE STUDENT MINISTRIES LEADER
The Student Ministry Leader Will:
- Be a believer with a maturing relationship with Christ and be willing to become a member at First CRC
- Have a genuine love for, and strong rapport with, teens
- Demonstrate visionary, strategic and relational leadership, and have a heart to develop leaders
- Be a graduate or fourth year student of a Bible college or Christian liberal arts college, preferably with a degree in Theology, Christian Education, or Student Ministry. A thorough knowledge of Bible is essential
- Have knowledge and skill in the philosophy, psychology and principles of Christian education. Experience preferred in an established successful youth program/para-church organization
- Be sensitive to needs and pressures of teens, with knowledge of possible solutions to help spiritually and offer counsel
- Be able to teach, train, and disciple adult volunteers
- Agree and adhere to the mission, vision, values, and doctrinal statements of the church
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker
- Possess needed organizational and administration abilities
- Respond proactively to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule
- Oversee and lead the Junior High (7th and 8th grade) and Senior High (9th thru 12th grade) student groups
- Provide relational connections and discipleship for teens within the church
- Develop relationships and connections with teens in the surrounding community, and work to integrate them with teens from the church
- Assist (recruit, train and support) the congregation in fulfilling its baptismal vow to nurture children in the faith and encourage parents in their role as primary disciplers of their teens
- Provide vision and direction to the adult Student Ministry Team
- Develop student leaders by creating responsibilities and opportunities for growth
- Engage student groups in mission activities; plan, organize, and carry out relevant conferences, retreats, mission trips, service projects etc.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested to carry out an effective student ministry
- Maintain proper upkeep of the ‘Soul Hub’ (The Parsonage)
- Have basic graphic arts, technology, Microsoft Office, and social media skills for communication with teens, adults and the community
- Actively orchestrate/aid in the Sunday morning activities of the church (worship, bible study, etc.)
- Have regularly scheduled office hours
- Work together with the rest of the staff in weekly meetings, ministry meetings, etc.
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year, coordinated with the church calendar of events
- With the input and support of the Student Ministry Team, establish and maintain a philosophy of student ministry and annual goals
The Student Ministry Leader will report to the Lead Pastor and communicate regularly with other church staff personnel.