Christ's Family Church is a multi-generational church embracing the mission of leading people to Christ, equipping them for service in the Kingdom of God, and sending them out to reach others with the Gospel. The congregation's greatest hope is to more effectively live out that mission through the concerted efforts of congregants, existing staff, and newly staffed positions, including it next Lead Pastor who is gifted both as a communicator (preaching and teaching) and leader, to help the congregation flourish in its next season of life and ministry.
Personal Qualifications—The Lead Pastor shall:
- Be able to give testimony to his or her love for the Lord and his or her call to pastoral ministry.
- Have a deep passion to understand and teach the truths of God’s Word, and to lead others to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- Love people and be able to create and sustain relationships with them.
- Be characterized by a deep and living spiritual life cultivated through spiritual disciplines.
Professional Competencies: The Lead Pastor shall be:
- A gifted communicator, able to craft and deliver biblical and relevant sermons that effectively speak to both new and maturing Christians.
- A gifted leader with experience managing change while guiding a consistory and congregation into a new season of ministry.
- A gifted liturgist who enjoys planning and participating in corporate worship services.
- A gifted pastor whose care for the spiritual well-being of the congregation is characterized by love and humility and strengthened by discernment and prayer.
- Preaching—the Lead Pastor is responsible for the bulk of the preaching and do so in a manner that is both biblical and relevant.
- Leadership—the Lead Pastor will guide and empower the Staff/Consistory in such a way that unifies the congregation around a preferred vision of the future.
- Corporate Worship—the Lead Pastor is responsible for the planning and delivery of engaging, life-transforming worship services.
- Pastoral Care—the Lead Pastor has the privilege of providing both pastoral care and spiritual direction to individuals in the church and community. Since this could become an all-consuming responsibility, the Lead Pastor will need to prioritize matters that rise from birth and baptism, profession of faith and marriage, life-threatening sickness and death.
- Public Presence—the Lead Pastor has the privilege of representing Christ’s Family Church in the community.
Expectations – The Lead Pastor shall:
- Meet or exceed the requirements for ordination as a Minister of the Word in the Reformed Church in America. Consequently, he or she will be ordained or be ordainable as such, though ordained individuals from other historically Reformed denominations will be considered.
- Support the Consistory approved vision and core values of Christ’s Family Church.
- Affirm the Constitution, Creeds and Confessions of the Reformed Church in America.
- Pass a Police Vulnerable Sector Check and adhere to the CFC Prevention of Abuse Policy.
- Affirm CFC’s Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality.
For more info or to apply, email [email protected]