Fifth Reformed Church is seeking a Pastor of Congregational Life
This is a full-time, ordained position that reports to the Lead Pastor and entails membership in the Great Lakes City Classis.
- Champion the advancement of a connecting culture. This includes responsibility for innovating, leading and implementing internal community building efforts to help the church feel more like family.
- Champion the advancement of a caring culture. This includes giving pastoral oversight to our Care Group ministry, supervising the Senior Adult Ministries Coordinator, and partnering with the Lead Pastor and Elders to offer appropriate visitation and calling to the homebound and hospitalized.
- Champion the spiritual formation of children and students. This includes leading and supervising the Children's Ministries Director and the Student Ministries Director and working with them as a team of three to lead and implement our overall ministry to children and students.
- Lead and implement adult education and formation opportunities.
- Preach on a regular basis, 8 to 12 Sundays per year.
- Serve as pastor of the church. This includes regular participation in the worship service and all the general responsibilities of a church pastor.
- Serve as a member of the Staff Strategic Leadership Team, the Consistory, and the Elder Team.
- Desire to serve in a team-based ministry and demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as one of a primary leadership team
- Embrace a discipleship-centered strategy of mission
- Possess a high level of emotional health that is evident in personal interactions
- Possess excellent gifts of teaching and preaching
- Demonstrate ability to build and lead teams
- Demonstrate evidence of disciple making
- Possess excellent relational skills, organizational skills, and communication skills
- Possess an MDiv or similar level of education
- Be a Minister of Word and Sacrament or Commissioned Pastor in the Reformed Church in America or an equivalent in a partner denomination to the RCA vis the Formulary of Agreement or be willing to transfer current credentials into the RCA to become an ordained or commissioned pastor
Please direct a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and our Search Team will be in contact soon. If you are an RCA Pastor or Commissioned Pastor and have a Minister's Profile, please submit that as well.