Almond Valley Christian Reformed Church in Ripon, California is searching for a part-time Worship Leader to assist in planning and leading our Sunday morning worship service. This position is part time (8-12 hours per week) and has been created to enhance our worship of the Living God.
The ideal candidate will view music and worship leadership as a ministry. The Worship Leader must love the Lord, display musical ability including singing and accompaniment, be organized, and have good communication skills. This person will incorporate a reformed approach to worship into their planning and leadership of the service. We hope it’s a joy for our volunteers to participate in musical leadership during our services, and an ideal candidate will foster a positive and prayerful environment during practice and Sunday morning worship. The Worship Leader will be required to become a member at Almond Valley and will work under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor.
The main duty of the Worship Leader is to plan and lead weekly morning worship services, including, but not limited to:
- Planning the liturgy (including song selections) in cooperation with the Lead Pastor
- Arranging musician volunteers for each service
- Leading practices midweek and on Sunday morning before the service
- Serving as a liturgist and praise team leader during the morning service
- Connecting with special guests (special music, missionaries, guest pastors, ministry leaders, etc.) and creatively incorporating them into our worship services
Additional skills that would help our congregation:
- Knowledge of audio equipment
- Ability to contribute to the aesthetics of the worship service through the tasteful use of presentation software
Possible Hourly Breakdown (10 hours/week):
- 3 Hours Planning the Service
- 2 Hours Administrative Work
- 2 Hours Practicing Midweek
- 3 Hours on Sunday Morning
The Worship Philosophy of Almond Valley CRC
In terms of musical style, our services currently feature a blend of classic hymns and newer praise songs. We place a higher value on lyrical quality and a song’s “singability” than we do on whether it is a hymn or contemporary worship song. Almond Valley is greatly blessed with an abundance of musicians: six acoustic guitarists, three lead pianists, two organists, several other musicians who play other instruments including bass guitar, banjo, keyboard, and percussion, and more than a dozen singers who comprise 4 praise teams. Our Christian Reformed beliefs impact our worship in a variety of ways, mostly through the centrality of the sermon in the worship service, a desire for theologically rich song lyrics, and an appreciation for thoughtful and biblically-rooted liturgies.
If interested please contact Pastor Mark VanDyke at [email protected]