“So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. . . Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body . . . grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.” Ephesians 4:11-16
In the spirit of Ephesians 4:11-16, we are seeking a Spirit-equipped servant leader, ordained in the CRC, committed to the Reformed faith, who will promote the vision and mission of the Church to the congregation and the community and also live among us as our partner and friend. The Pastor supervises the ministry directors (Worship and NextGen/Outreach) and the Administrator. The Pastor is accountable to the Council in doctrine, life and duties. Pastor supervision by the Council will include love, counsel, encouragement and assistance in the work of the Lord.
Pastoral responsibilities cover many areas in the life of the body of Christ at Cragmor. These responsibilities can best be placed into six categories: Preaching, Pastoring, Teaching, Evangelism, Administration and Denominational.
Preaching: The Pastor will lead public worship and preach the Word of God, strengthening and enhancing our relationship with God.
Pastoring: The Pastor, with the Elders and Deacons, will lead the church in congregational care ministries and challenge and encourage members to tend to the needs of the sick and needy in the church and community.
Teaching: The Pastor will regularly teach in some capacity, including but not limited to Pastor’s classes, Council/leadership training, Sunday school and seminars.
Evangelism: The Pastor will direct the evangelism vision established in conjunction with the Council, including participation in visitor follow-up and missions programs.
Administration: The Pastor will participate in Council meetings, Consistory meetings, Ministry team meetings, worship planning, Deacons’ meetings upon request and most church-related functions and events.
Denominational: Periodically, requests come from Classis Rocky Mountain for participation in certain classical appointments. In addition, there may be local opportunities to get involved in ministries within the Colorado Springs community. Participation in these activities is encouraged; however, they must not interfere with, or diminish, the ministry at Cragmor.
Qualifications: Ordained minister in the CRC or qualified candidate for ministry in the CRC
Preferences: 3 years experience as pastor of a church
- A Christ-like role model in life and words—radiate enthusiasm and model integrity, responsibility, and an excellent work ethic
- Invent in relationships with ministry leaders and volunteers
- A growing disciple of Christ and engaged in regular spiritual disciplines and practices
- Desire to know and connect with the community both inside and outside of Cragmor
- Passionate and excitedly in love with Christ and the church
- Communicate effectively with staff, leaders, and the congregation at large
- Passionate about bringing people to a saving faith in Jesus Christ
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Regularly available to staff, leaders, and members
- Familiar with and able to follow the guidelines of the Christian Reformed Church Order
- Committed to personal development as a leader through ongoing training and professional development
- Meet on a regular basis with the Council for review, support, and encouragement and have a formal evaluation once a year
- An active member of Cragmor, along with family (if applicable)
Please contact our Search Committee at [email protected] with inquiries.