Rosewood Church is looking for the person God is calling to serve as our Teaching Pastor. This person will be responsible for most of the preaching, pastoral care, and worship planning for our church family, as well as partnering with the ministry staff in discipleship, outreach, and vision-casting. This is a full-time, co-pastor position along with our female Executive Pastor.
Rosewood Church is one of the most diverse congregations in the CRC, with members and attenders coming from more than 20 countries of origin and cultures. Since around 55% of the population in Bellflower is Hispanic, we have a full-time Hispanic Ministries Pastor on our staff and hold worship services, Bible studies, and small groups in Spanish every week. Our children's and youth ministries are combined, and we are all one family together.
The person who fills the role of Teaching Pastor at Rosewood must have experience in cross-cultural ministry, a passion for reaching out to those who do not yet know God, a love for preaching God's Word, and openness to working in a team setting with a co-pastor.
In order to get a preview of Rosewood Church and its ministries, we invite you to visit our website (rosewoodchurch.com), our "Rosewood Church" app for mobile devices, and our Rosewood Church Facebook page. In addition, we have attached a position description and an abbreviated church profile.
If you feel called to explore the possibility of joining the Rosewood team as the Teaching Pastor, please submit the following to [email protected]:
1. A letter of introduction and a picture
2. Your Resume
3. A minimum of three References
4. Links (or DVDs) for viewing three sermons or other teachings
5. Completed questions (Please submit your brief responses to the following questions):
- Describe your experience living and ministering among people of different cultural backgrounds than yourself.
- What do you enjoy most about working in partnership with others/peers?
- What three things do you most enjoy about pastoral ministry?
- What gifts can you bring to a church like Rosewood?