Shoreline Christian Reformed Church is seeking a ministry leader to fill two areas of leadership. The primary area of leadership is as our worship leader. The secondary area is dependent upon the gifting and interest of the applicant.
We have talented musicians in our church and a pastor supportive of worship arts, but we need someone to oversee our worship ministry. The worship leader will work with our pastor to craft cohesive worship services that honor God, are Spirit led, and cultivate a musical repertoire that congregational singing and participation. We are excited for a worship leader to help us grow together in the ways we worship and love God.
Responsibilities for this area would include:
- Lead and coordinate worship services with musicians and volunteer leaders
- Plan and manage worship services using Planning Center Online; build song library
- Choose music, balancing fresh with familiar
- Arrange, reharmonize music as needed
- Identify gifts within the church and empower a variety of people in worship
- Raise up new leaders, musicians, and singers; train and equip them as necessary
- Oversee worship committee
- Establish a healthy pace of introducing new worship elements and liturgical rhythms
- Oversee projection visuals with an eye towards consistency and quality
We also desire to find a candidate who can lead us in more than just worship. Based upon the way God has gifted a particular candidate, we are seeking a candidate who can direct the ministry of the church in one of the following areas:
- Children’s discipleship
- Youth discipleship
- Adult discipleship and community formation
- Community outreach
- Another mutually beneficial area
As we discern the secondary area of leadership, our desire is to be in prayerful conversation with the candidate to identify the ways we can best be in ministry together. We want to empower the candidate in the ways God has already gifted him or her.
Candidates who have the following strengths and qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Active and growing faith in Jesus Christ
- Ability to work well on a team and manage responsibilities along with relationships
- Musically gifted and the ability to lead vocally as well as instrumentally
- Familiarity with Reformed tradition, as well as liturgical calendar
- Awareness of current worship trends
- Ability to strike the balance of adaptability to the congregation and to lead us in change
- A desire to love this congregation and what God is doing in it
This position is a salaried position for 30 hours a week.