Medicine Hat Christian Reformed Church (Medicine Hat, AB) is searching for a part-time Worship Leader to assist in planning and leading our Sunday morning worship services. This position is part time (8-10 hours per week) and has been created to enhance and deepen our worship of the Living God.
The ideal candidate will view music and worship leadership as a ministry. The Worship Leader must love and be committed to the Lord, display musical ability including singing and accompaniment, be organized, and have good communication skills. This person will incorporate a Reformed approach to worship in their planning and leadership of the service.
We want our volunteers to experience joy as they lead the musical elements of worship and the ideal candidate will foster such an environment during practice and Sunday morning worship. The Worship Leader will be required to become a member at MHCRC and will work under the direct supervision of the pastor.
The main duty of the Worship Leader is to plan and lead weekly morning worship services, including, but not limited to:
- Planning the liturgy (including song selections) in cooperation with the Pastor and Audio Visual Techs
- Arranging musician volunteers for each service
- Recruiting, and developing new musicians and singers to participate in leading Worship
- Leading practices during the week and on Sunday morning before the service
- Serving as a liturgist and praise team leader during the morning service
- Connecting with special guests (special music, missionaries, guest pastors, ministry leaders, etc.) and creatively incorporating them into our worship services
- Additional skills that would help our congregation:
- Knowledge of audio/visual equipment
The Worship Philosophy of Medicine Hat CRC
In terms of musical style, our services feature a blend of classic hymns and newer praise songs. We place a higher value on lyrical quality and a song’s “singability” than we do on whether it is a hymn or contemporary worship song. Our Christian Reformed beliefs impact our worship in a variety of ways, but mostly through the centrality of the sermon in the worship service. We desire to sing theologically rich song lyrics, which support the theme of the sermon. We place a high value on thoughtful and biblically-rooted liturgy.
If interested, please contact Annette at [email protected].