I'd love to know, does your CRC church use Instagram?
For those not familiar with Instagram, it is a popular online video and photo sharing social network. A huge appeal of Instagram is that it is visual, allowing stories to be told in a way that simply could not be done by text alone.
For a church, there are many different ways Instagram could be used, such as:
- Posting pictures or scripture verses that follow-up on the sermon
- Promotion of ministry events
- Inspirational images of how God is working in the lives of congregational members
- Posting images during various seasons (i.e. Advent, Easter, etc.)
- Sharing a clip from worship
The above list is a very small sample of some of the creative and unique ways that churches may use this social media tool.
Do you go to a CRC church that has an Instagram account? If so, how does your church use it? What do you like or dislike? I'd love to hear from you!
Is your church considering getting more involved in social media? What would you like to know to get started? I'd love to hear from you.
Do you manage your church Instagram account? How do you decide what to post? What are the challenges you've encountered? I'd love to hear from you.
Let's get this conversation started! Share your thoughts in the comments below.