Do you have an interest in Global Relations? Are you seeking experience the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that engage individuals and teams globally? This position will provide support to World Renew’s Global Relations program in Uganda and have direct influence over the success of the program.
Please note that this internship is open to US applicants only.
- Assist in the development of a national strategy for the utilization of volunteers and short-term staff in Uganda.
- Provide on-going support for visitors to Uganda and those hosting the volunteers.
- Actively participate in the Uganda team meetings.
- Gather stories and photos that share the stories of volunteers and hosts.
- Complete recommended reading, and orientation before departure to the country.
- Provide WORLD RENEW and the community with an evaluation of the project.
- Write a story or final report for your church and/or supporters.
- Mature Christian capable of applying belief systems to their work and their life
- Compassionate, respectful of other cultures and able to communicate effectively cross
- Commitment to the core Agency development and relief concepts, models and values
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able and willing to work in a team setting; able to develop team skills in others
- Competence in all basic Microsoft Office software. (should be advanced in Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Competence in the use of internet and communication technology
- Demonstrate good time management skills and healthy work/life balance
Expectations of the volunteer:
- Complete and submit a volunteer application form and resume
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Raise prayer and financial support by inviting individuals, businesses and /or churches to give to this opportunity;
- Attend an orientation session in the Home Office (when possible, or by phone)
- Adhere to CRCNA Standards of Conduct
Budget: (Please note that costs are estimated and listed in US funds. Your grant includes funds to cover.)
- Travel to country - provide cost
- Food - provide cost per month
- Lodging - provide cost per month
- In country transportation - provide cost per month
- Airport fees - provide full cost
- Visa - provide full cost
TOTAL Estimated funds needed - $5,000.00USD
Additional Costs – depending on each individual
- Vaccinations and required prescription medication
- Medical and Travel insurance
- Tourist trip (if so desired)
Benefits: The Associate will gain experience in areas of design, implementation and evaluation of a volunteer program and have opportunities to develop skills in the area of “people management.
- Growth in your faith and relationship with God.
- An opportunity to foster new attitudes, perceptions and relationships.
- A chance to learn from, serve and be served by a different culture.
- The opportunity to share your Christian faith with others who may not know the Gospel.
- Serve as an encouragement to Christians in Uganda.
- Apply your current gifts and talents and discover some new ones.
- Develop a personal perspective on poverty, missions and/or development work.
- Grow in your understanding of the basic principles and tools of community development.
- Gain personal satisfaction by seeing first-hand how your prayers and contributions to WORLD RENEW have impacted communities in Uganda.
- Assist in educating and raising awareness within North America about the social/political situation in Uganda.
- Expenses directly related to this volunteer opportunity are tax-deductible.
Support Services Provided - World Renew agrees to provide:
- orientation materials as well as ongoing logistics and support to meet the needs of the volunteers, local community, and World Renew’s country staff;
- consultation and/or visits by field staff when available.
- opportunity to help volunteers link their individual/church’s mission and vision to work being done.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please contact us today at [email protected].