Aging: The Final Frontier is a one-day conference taking place on Saturday, March 30 that focuses on the issues related to aging and ministry.
Ministering well with and to older members is a significant dimension of healthy church life, and has many different aspects, including:
- Continuing to mature as a disciple until meeting the Lord face to face
- Equipping congregations to encourage lifelong discipleship
- Encouraging the gifts of our oldest members to flourish
- Encouraging discipling relationships between older and younger members
- Preparing the middle-aged to dream dreams of continuing to be discipled well into old age
- Caring for those who are caregivers for the elderly (e.g. their middle aged children and others)
- Dying and death: spiritual, physical and ethical issues
- Discipling as a grandparent or substitute grandparent
During the past decade, the above issues have risen to the forefront of church life, and dozens and dozens of sturdy and creative practices are being developed and shared. Every CRC congregation faces most of the issues listed above.
Which persons or teams in your congregation would be blessed by this kind of equipping?
This event is a collaboration between CRC Faith Formation Ministries, CRC Disability Concerns and an ad hoc evangelical group active in the greater Toronto area. CRC presenters include Rev. Henk Bruinsma (Holland Homes), Syd Hielema (FFM), Lesli VanMilligen (FFM), Miriam Spies (Disability Concerns), and Cl .TOR Chaplain emeritus Nell deBoer.
- Date: Saturday, March 30
- Time: 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Location: 105 Gibson Centre (5 minutes east of HWY 404 and Steeles in Toronto)
- Registration: See below!