Classis Safe Church and Disability Concerns Coordinator
The Synod of the CRCNA mandates that every Classis appoint advocates for the ministries of Safe Church and Disability Concerns. Classis Lake Erie seeks to fill these two roles with one coordinator. The position will be supported by the Classis Executive Committee, and funded by way of annual stipend and expense account. This individual will work with the offices of Safe Church and Disability Concerns to organize communication to and volunteer training for Classis congregations and ministries.
For Safe Church Ministry, the Coordinator will:
- Promote the mission of Safe Church Ministry and importance of local Safe Church practices in Classis Lake Erie.
- Provide regular communication and access to resources from the office of Safe Church Ministry to Classis congregations and ministries.
- Recruit and facilitate a Classis Safe Church Ministry Team, consisting of delegates who represent the regions and diverse cultures of Classis Lake Erie.
- Schedule, chair and prepare agendas for two annual Classis Safe Church Team meetings (virtual or in-person).
- Report, in writing, the activities of the Classis Safe Church Team to the Classis Executive Committee and the denominational office of Safe Church Ministry. Attend and be prepared to give verbal reports at Classis meetings.
- Identify, recruit and provide training resources for a Safe Church advocate in each Classis congregation (organized and emerging). Supply the office of Safe Church Ministry with contact information for these advocates.
For Disability Concerns, the Coordinator will:
- Promote and provide education regarding the mission of Disability Concerns in Classis Lake Erie.
- Identify and recruit a Disability Concerns advocate in each Classis congregation (organized and emerging).
- Contact congregational advocates annually to provide encouragement, accountability, resources, and training opportunities, as well as to confirm that Breaking Barriers and other Disability concerns are available to congregations.
- Work with Classis to improve accessibility at Classis events and of Classis resources for persons of all abilities.
- Participate in any training recommended by the office of Disability Concerns.
- Report activities in writing twice annually (January 1 and August 1) to the Classis Executive Committee. Attend Classis meetings and be prepared to make verbal reports.
10 hours/month (average)
1500.00 annual stipend.
Reimbursement for expenses (travel, meals, CRCNA-sponsored training events).
Interested applicants may submit inquiries to Ben Van Arragon, Classis Lake Erie's Stated Clerk ([email protected]).