What is the National Weekend of Prayer for Faith, Hope, & Life?
The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention’s (Action Alliance) National Weekend of Prayer for Faith, Hope, & Life is an annual event during which faith communities all around the country pledge to join in prayer for those who have been touched by suicide, those who are dealing with mental health concerns and feelings of hopelessness, and for the people who love and care for them. We welcome residents of Canada to join in the Weekend of Prayer, as well.
September 6 through 8, join the movement to empower faith communities nationwide to support those who are struggling with suicidal behavior and to promote hope, resiliency, and recovery.
- Pledge. Pledge to participate, and encourage others to pledge too.
- Participate. Plan how you will incorporate the National Weekend of Prayer into your regular services. Check out our sample prayers, tools, and other resources for ideas on how to address the topic in sensitive and caring ways.
- Promote. Let your members know about the National Weekend of Prayer.
- Watch and share our promotional video.
- Spread the word widely, inviting all types of faith communities and organizations to pledge to join the movement.
- Post your prayers for Faith, Hope, & Life to social media using the hashtag, #PrayFHL.
What is the Faith.Hope.Life. Campaign?
The Action Alliance’s Faith.Hope.Life Campaign engages faith leaders and faith communities as partners in suicide prevention; equips them with tools and resources to join the movement; and strengthens their role as counselors, promoters, and givers of hope, help, and healing.
Learn more below!