Modesto CRC is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Disciple-Making to encourage us as a church to “grow” in relationship with Jesus Christ and equip and encourage us to “go” and make new disciples in his name. This position will focus discipleship on intergenerational and multicultural aspects of growing in love for one another. Disciple-making will focus on challenging God’s people to spread the Gospel in word and deed ministries that show God’s love to our culturally diverse Modesto community. Candidates seeking or holding ordination within the CRC are encouraged to apply. Salary based on qualifications.
Associate Pastor – Discipleship and Disciple-Making
- Exhibits a love for Jesus Christ and a growing committed relationship with him.
- Practices personal devotions and a life of prayer
- Models a servant heart of humility
- Works to see people of all ages and cultures grow in their love for Christ
- Well grounded in Reformed Biblical doctrine and able to explain them in simple terms.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and relational skills
Expectations and Responsibilities
Lead discipleship ministries of the church
- Oversee youth, Sunday school, and education programs
- Lead a mentorship ministry between generations within the church body
- Lead adults in studying God’s word
Lead disciple-making ministry of the church
- Train members in “Gospel Groups, and “Go Teams” to follow the great commission
- Lead Congregational Life team outreach efforts
- Work with deacons in local missional efforts
- Help efforts to bring the gospel into local public schools and neighborhoods
- Encourage Classis and Global CRC missionary efforts
- Work with staff and volunteer efforts within and in the broader Modesto community
- Organize, lead and participate in church events
- Coordinate with Lead Pastor, Elders, and Deacons in implementing vision and mission of the church
- Care for church members through visits, mentoring, counseling, prayer, and encouragement in the Lord
- Pastoral counseling in coordination with lead pastor and elders
- Preaching and leading in worship, conducting funerals and weddings on occasions of need
Education and Training
Ordained or seeking to be ordained as a minister of the Word and Sacraments in the Christian Reformed Church.
For inquiries, please contact Jan Viss at [email protected].