The Church Administrator, supported by and reporting to the Lead Pastor, supports the Equipping Team (staff) and Ministry Team Leaders (volunteers) by managing and creating administrative and people systems that make everyone more effective in equipping disciples who share the life-changing love of Jesus with their neighbors.
The primary goal of this position is to achieve: efficient and smooth church operations; resourced ministry leaders; systems and processes that help everyone focus on making disciples.
- Communicate. Primary communications for the entire church in print, digital, and person to person media. This includes bulletins, newsletters, Planning Center, website, group text and more.
- Manage. Church systems including finance, and budget; payroll and HR provider coordination; volunteer coordination for events and initiatives; church membership processes; purchasing/vendor management.
- Support. Ensures that the Equipping Team, Board, and Ministry Teams have what they need to fulfill their roles to make the vision of Community Church a reality..
A Strong Candidate:
- has extensive experience as staff or volunteer leader in a church or ministry setting.
- has formal management, business, or administrative training.
- has experience in using Quickbooks and light bookkeeping tools
- has strong communication skills including interpersonal, written, verbal, and digital.
- is a self-starter able to flow between team work and self-directed work.
- is punctual, reliable, detail oriented and highly professional in all aspects their work.
- is a mature, relationally healthy Christian able to fulfill their role as a ministry to the church.