Reports to: Senior Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Lead the church in carrying out its mission through direct leadership and programming for high school and middle school students; develop, support, and sustain faith formation opportunities for children, adults, and families; supervise direct reports; and contribute to organizational effectiveness. Priority is placed on building and sustaining intergenerational connectedness and building relationships with and between the congregation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out the duties of the job summary.
- Participate in worship as needed.
- Participate in Council meetings as required.
- Participate in Grow Team and Serve Team meetings.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Relate to people through word and deed with warmth and respect.
- Be willingly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
High School, Middle School, Children’s Ministries: (50% Job Focus)
- With input from the Senior Pastor and staff, work with your direct reports to establish goals, direction, curriculum, and events for high school and middle school.
- Lead the high school and middle school programs. Build relationships with River Terrace Church youth.
- Recruit and assemble a paid and/or volunteer staff to assist. Provide leadership, input, encouragement, mentoring, counsel, and general supervision for leaders assisting in these ministries.
- Be a familiar and known catalyst and public voice for these ministries.
Children, Adults and Families:
- Evaluate current children’s, adult, and family faith formation programming. Work with the church staff and volunteers in setting the direction, focus, and resources for these activities going forward.
- Recruit and assemble a paid and/or volunteer staff to assist in these efforts.
- Work with the staff and volunteers to find concrete ways of connecting intergenerationally.
- Be a known catalyst and public voice for these activities.
- Lead by example as a servant leader. Show humility, openness, and confidence when giving direction.
- Be a patient and active listener.
- Be a trusted and transparent communicator.
- Show genuine love for people and act with their best interests at heart.
- Be ready to speak thoughtfully and clearly on the opportunities and issues facing RTC.
DIRECT REPORTS: TBD.
- Paid and volunteer positions to assist in the leadership of Community Life programs.
- Have a genuine love for Christ and a fervent desire to help RTC flourish.
- A depth of organizational and leadership experience in church, school, or business settings.
- Educational background and experience that prepares for a career in church leadership.
- A reformed theology and a willingness to become an active member of River Terrace Church.
- Love for kids and families.
- Love for teaching and training.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Discernment and ability to navigate with maturity.
- Ability to translate vision and broad ideas into action.
SALARY: This is a full-time salaried position with compensation commensurate with experience; the preliminary salary range is $50,000 - $65,000.
WORK SCHEDULE: This full-time job requires a minimum of 40 hours/week but will sometimes require more than 40 hours to fulfill the duties. It is expected that a reasonable majority of those hours will be on-site