City Reformed Church (CRC) is an urban Christian Church in Milwaukee, WI. We are a community rooted in the story of the gospel. This gospel is the news that in Jesus Christ, God was pleased “to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of the cross” (Col. 1:20). This gospel is the “power of God unto salvation of everyone who believes” (Rom. 1:16). Our mission as a church begins as an explosion of joy out of our experience of this remarkable story of redemption. Through the Gospel God saves us, in saving us he sets us in Community, in setting us in community he then sends us out in Mission. All our values flow from the movement of this story.
To support CRC’s continued growth into this story we are seeking a Director of Ministry and Administration. In ministry, this role will lead, develop, and coordinate specific areas of ministry as determined by the pastor and council. In administration, this role will be responsible for the organizational structure and operations of the church. The Director of Ministry and Administration will be an 80% position, with the expectation of some evening and weekend work, while also having some flexibility to work from home at times.
Ministry Leadership and Coordination
- Support goal of building community within CRC. Lead efforts to welcome new members, and provide guidance and resourcing to community groups. Recommend changes as needed with the Elders and Pastor. Develop community group leaders. Conduct regular check-ins.
- Give leadership to engaging the congregation with serving and evangelistic opportunities that align with the vision and ministry priorities.
- Be another point of connection within the Milwaukee community and the network of churches and ministries in the city.
- Develop and track a calendar of ministry activities with staff.
- Put in place processes that connect volunteers and their gifts with places they can serve. Give leadership and support to volunteer coordination.
- Support new ministry initiatives and special projects that are identified as priorities by the pastoral plan and council.
- Develop a communications plan and provide oversight of implementation. This includes newsletters, weekly emails, website, social media, etc.
- Work with pastor to cultivate healthy staff culture of collaboration, constructive feedback, commitment to excellence, conflict resolution, innovation, and mutual encouragement. Implement an annual performance review for staff.
- Work with the Diaconate and the Buildings and Grounds Committee to oversee maintenance, cleaning, special facilities projects, and a building improvements plan.
- Work with the treasurer and Finance Committee to develop and monitor annual budgets and produce financial reports. Ensure good accounting practices are in place.
- Work with the Diaconate in consultation with the pastor to communicate and cultivate a culture of giving with biblical values. Produce an annual ministry report with accountability for expenditures and ministry impact.
- Support the Council and work with the council president and pastor for meeting preparation, monitoring and updating the pastoral plan, orientation of new council members, reporting ministry activity, financial reporting, policy updates and approval, etc.
- As the staff team grows, provide leadership and organizational processes so tasks are being completed by the right people and support staff are effective in their role. Supervise administrative support staff.
This position will have a leadership role within the staff team, reporting to the Senior Pastor and working in close collaboration with the Church Council, elders, deacons, and appropriate committees.
- Professing Christian with a history of active participation in a Church body. Must affirm the Apostles Creed and traditional Reformed Creeds and Confessions.
- Maintain a personal and spiritual life that serves to faithfully represent CRC’s mission and values.
- Associates degree and previous work experience in administration, office management, or related activities required. Experience in ministry or church context preferred.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated person who is effective when working independently without supervision; prioritizing, executing and producing results.
- Ability to receive instruction, interpret it, develop a plan of action, and communicate to necessary parties.
- Strong computer skills and ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to keep confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience with Quickbooks software preferred.
There is an expectation that this role will be in the church office at least twice a week, but with flexibility to work from home when needed. Compensation for the Director of Ministry and Administration is $55,000, benefits negotiable.
Applicants should submit a completed resume to: [email protected]
Thank you for sharing this opening!
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.