Through strong relationships with young families and with youth and by empowering volunteers, the Next Generation Pastor carries out the vision and mission of Lake City CRC to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. The Next Generation Pastor is responsible for implementing the spiritual formation pathway into ministries for young families and youth and for providing ministry that incorporates families and youth from the community. As a strategic leader, the Next Generation Pastor must provide opportunities and environments that encourage young families to become godly parents who enjoy strong marriages and grow in their love for the Lord.
- Participate in visionary leadership, as well as the planning and development of strategies and programming that result in the spiritual formation of young families and youth 6th – 12th grades.
- Serve as the point person for creating and implementing weekly relational, engaging, and transformational opportunities for students in 6th – 12th grades.
- Coordinate with ministries to the community such as MOPS and Single MOMM.
- Be present and engaged with young families and youth in schools and other community settings, developing experiences people are drawn into.
- Ensure clear and timely communication to ministry teams of the church and community.
- Develop, equip, and shepherd adult and student leaders to carry out effective ministry.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Implement a strategy for partnering with parents to reach the next generation with the gospel, disciple them in their faith, and equip them to live as fully devoted and growing disciples of Jesus.
- Plan and direct intentional opportunities for family-integrated worship and service.
- Be a student of child and adolescent faith development and implications for parenting and ministry.
- Build relationship with and provide pastoral care for students and their parents.
- Find creative ways to impact public schools by developing relationships with the schools in our community and creating potential outreach opportunities.
- Develop marriage enrichment and parenting opportunities and resources.
- Participate in worship leadership and preaching as requested.
The Next Generation Pastor is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. This position requires a person with a passion for Jesus Christ and for youth to know Him. Other minimum requirements for the position include: college or seminary education, and certification (or ability to obtain such) by the CRC, ministry leadership experience, a strategic leader who can cast vision, recruit and resource volunteers, develop and implement ministry programs, demonstrated relational ability with 6th-12th grade students, the ability to work in a team, the ability to lead through relational influence, and the ability to teach with scriptural knowledge. The Next Generation Pastor must be an active member of Lake City CRC and have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, an active prayer life, and a servant’s heart.
To learn more about Lake City CRC, please check us out on line: https://lakecitycrc.org.