Full-Time Pastor of Spiritual Formation at Ferry Memorial Reformed Church (Montague, MI)
February 8, 2023
1 comment 124 views
Ferry Memorial Reformed Church in Montague, Michigan is seeking a full time Pastor of Spiritual Formation.
Vision for this Position: As a church, we desire to find an individual who will oversee the ways in which we become more like Christ throughout our lives. This person will work alongside our staff and senior pastor to cultivate a congregation that is spiritually mature, knowledgeable in the faith, engaged in our community and responsive to God’s will. The primary areas of responsibility will include oversight of our curriculum for children and youth, coordination of small groups, and opportunities for discipleship and outreach.
Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position (32 to 40 hours/week) with a competitive salary with medical and dental insurance, paid time off, structured sabbaticals and continuing education. If the candidate is ordained in the RCA, this position will be in line with our denomination’s standards for salary and benefits.
● Collaborate with our consistory to develop and implement a consistent approach to intergenerational discipleship and the spiritual formation of youth
● Work directly with our high school and middle school youth group, creating proactive relationships with students both inside and outside of church
● Coordinate programs and curriculum for children’s ministry, while recruiting and training volunteers to work with children from infancy through junior high school.
● Collaborate with our staff to equip families with tools for spiritual formation in the home and encourage them in their faithful vocation as parents.
● Oversee adult small groups, including training and equipping small group leaders
● Provide opportunities for adult discipleship and, working together with the consistory and staff, foster an ever-deepening spiritual maturity for those in our congregation
● Being a regular presence at worship services and, in coordination with our greeters and elders, facilitating the introduction of guests and new members into the life of the congregation
● Attending weekly staff meetings and monthly consistory meetings
● Preaching approximately 6-12 sermons per year in coordination with the senior pastor
● Assisting the senior pastor to provide pastoral care or crisis response
● Engaging with the senior pastor and the Committee on Staff Relations on annual goals for pastoral development and professional success
● Partnering with the staff and consistory in setting direction for the future of Ferry Reformed Church
● A deep and abiding love for God with a heart for God’s people
● A passion for leadership recruitment, spiritual formation, and the faith of the next generation
● An ability to minister to individuals from different backgrounds with humility and cultural intelligence
● A pastoral spirit animated by curiosity, compassion and collaboration.
● Familiarity with Protestant churches and/or the Reformed tradition
● Graduate-level studies in ministry. Although it is not necessary, a candidate who is ordained or in the process of ordination is preferred.
● Experience on staff at a local church is not required, but a candidate who has experience working with youth is preferred.
● Passion for leadership recruitment, spiritual formation, and working with youth and young adults
Ferry Memorial Reformed Church is located in Western Michigan in a small, beautiful, lakeside community. Montague and Whitehall are the sister towns of the White Lake area. Lake Michigan beaches are close by. Our facility for youth ministry, attached to our current sanctuary, is in fact the oldest church building in this region, constructed in 1874 in honor of a local Civil War hero, Noah Ferry, who died at Gettysburg. We average between 100 and 140 people for worship on Sunday, but historically our youth programs draw from a much larger network within the community.
All interested persons should send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected].
Connect to The Network and add your own question, blog, resource, or job.Add Your Post
Thank you for sharing this opening!
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.