Beckwith Hills CRC is seeking an experienced pastor to serve as Interim Pastor beginning on November 27, 2022. This position would require an approximate 6-9 month commitment as we transition between fulltime pastors.
Interim Pastor Job Description - Beckwith Hills Christian Reformed Church
- ordained Minister of the Word in the CRCNA
- believes in the inerrant and infallible Word of God.
- experienced in preaching and pastoral care
- available starting November 27 (Advent) and is willing to commit for six to nine months.
Duties and responsibilities:
- preach three to four Sunday mornings with the exception of Mission Emphasis Sunday.
- offer the congregational prayer once a month
- administer communion on scheduled Sundays, as well as Maundy Thursday, April 6
- participate in worship planning with the Director of Music and Worship monthly
- officiate at baptisms as needed
- officiate at member funerals as needed
- provide sermon text and themes for the Director of Worship and Music three weeks prior to each service
- provide emergency pastoral care in situations such as hospitalizations or death in the family or situations where the elder or Household of Faith requests additional assistance
- provide informed objective observations and suggestions to the pastor search committee
- spend time getting to know the congregation, listening to them and caring for the church family
- Housing is not readily available, help can be provided if needed
- a weekly stipend of $625 will be provided, paid once per month
- mileage for church-related travel will be paid at 62.5c per mile
- Sunday services where preaching is not required will result in a $200 reduction in compensation to pay for pulpit supply.
Please contact Doug Vanderwell with inquiries at 616-460-6584 or [email protected]