Evergreen Ministries in Hudsonville, Mich., is looking for a passionate follower of Jesus to join the staff team. The Middle School Youth Director builds relationships with 7th-8th grade students, partners with parents, and empowers small group leaders to help students find their place in God’s story.
Middle School Youth Director
- Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Hours: Part-time – 15-20 hours/week (full-time if combined with open High School position)
Roles & Responsibilities
Weekly Youth Group
- Create and teach Jesus-centered curriculum addressing relevant questions and struggles of students.
- Recruit and equip small group leaders to connect with students on a deeper level as they apply weekly teachings.
- Develop meaningful relationships with students through a wide variety of activities that stimulate social and spiritual growth.
- Incorporate spiritual disciplines into regular and special programming.
- Coordinate special events, such as service projects, retreats, and mission trips.
- Oversee curriculum and mentorship of Profession of Faith process.
Collaboration & Communication
- Collaborate with staff to further Christ’s mission at Evergreen.
- Communicate with parents and meet regularly with small group leaders.
- Be available to connect with students outside of weekly programming.
- Welcome visiting families on Sunday mornings and invite students to youth ministry.
- Enforce Evergreen’s Child Protection Policy and Safe Church practices.
- Love for Jesus Christ coupled with love for 7th-8th grade students
- Personal commitment to spiritual disciplines and emotional health
- Growing knowledge of faith formation and social development in middle school students
- Competence in carrying out administrative tasks required for effective ministry
- Willingness to work as a team player within a collaborative environment
- Willingness to gain additional knowledge and skills to improve the ministry
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 to 4 years of experience working in youth ministry preferred
To apply, please submit resume to [email protected].
Thank you for sharing this opening!
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.