Youth Ministry Director at Graafschap CRC (Holland, MI)
March 16, 2023
1 comment 45 views
Graafschap CRC in Holland, Michigan is looking for a Youth Ministry Director who will coordinate the high school ministry (HSM) and middle school ministry (MSM) youth programs for year-round activities and are to include regularly scheduled twice monthly meetings (September – April), monthly recreational events or service opportunities, and a summer mission trips, organize and plan fundraising events to support the HSM and MSM youth programs, and more.
Youth Ministry Purpose Statement:
Our purpose is to create an accepting and caring church community where youth are challenged to embrace the love of Jesus, accept him as Savior, and be empowered to serve him.
Position Reports to: Executive Committee of our Full Council
This full-time position requires agreement and commitment to the beliefs and doctrinal statements of Graafschap Christian Reformed Church. Applicants should display the appropriate spiritual gifts, a desire to serve the youth, and a discerning spirit to know when and how to respond to the expectations and needs of the ministry. This is a ministry position that requires personal initiative, time management skills, promptness, the flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet the ministry objectives. Candidates should also have the ability to develop trusting relationships with the students (around 40 students for each the HSM and MSM programs).
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
• Has experience working and connecting with youth and has a passion for encouraging them to continue to develop their relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Commitment to the mission and vision of Graafschap Christian Reformed Church.
• Is or will become a member of Graafschap Christian Reformed Church.
• Has proven leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
• Basic accounting abilities are required for the balancing of the checking account and management of the funds required for regular youth program related activities as well as the planning of summer mission trips.
• Coordinate the high school ministry (HSM) and middle school ministry (MSM) youth programs for year-round activities and are to include regularly scheduled twice monthly meetings (September – April), monthly recreational events or service opportunities, and a summer mission trips.
• Organize and plan fundraising events to support the HSM and MSM youth programs.
• Recruit and train leaders as well as equip them with leadership development opportunities.
• Seek out opportunities to develop relationships with the youth through intentional visits and with the continued use of social media, based on the needs of the individual. This could include providing additional leadership opportunities for students in the church or for ministry in general.
• Oversee the Mentoring Ministry, which includes recruitment and facilitation of this ministry for 6th–12th grade students who are congregate members. These mentoring relationships are designed as “caring adults caring for kids…one hour, once a month.”
• Spend time in personal spiritual development and stay up to date on current youth ministry happenings.
• Connect with other Hamilton and Holland Area youth pastors for spiritual and community development purposes.
• Will serve as a member of the Education Committee.
Submit your resume to: [email protected]
Connect to The Network and add your own question, blog, resource, or job.Add Your Post
Thank you for sharing this opening!
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.