River Park Church (RPC) is a Christ-centred and growing multi-cultural, multiethnic, and multigenerational Christian Reformed Church. We are looking to fill the position of Youth Ministry Leader where the primary focus area is youth, with an expectation that about 20% of time is in support of children’s and family ministries. This position will be reporting to the Pastoral Team. Our church is eager to welcome and enfold the successful candidate, and to partner with them to direct youth ministry and to grow personally and professionally.
- Lead youth ministry for grades 7-12 together with other volunteers, you will be responsible for organizing opportunities for faith formation, service outreach, development of spiritual gifts, and community building events.
- Build mentoring and supportive relationship with youth through one-on-one engagement, small group gatherings and larger group meetings.
- Support spiritual formation of youth through increasing the understanding and integration of Scripture into their lives.
- Strengthen discipleship by understanding and connecting with the essential family context; participation in church potlucks and other events will be helpful in achieving this.
- Discern the needs of youth and children from multiple cultural groups and help youth foster a mosaic community. Once established, further develop the youth program in alignment with River Park Church’s mosaic vision.
- Seek out and equip potential volunteer youth leaders to use their gifts for the RPC Youth Ministry
- Facilitate connection between youth and the rest of the congregation as well as other churches or ministries. This may involve (but is not limited to) connecting with other churches, service opportunities, or building mentorships within the congregation.
- Become connected in the River Park church community and attend regularly.
- Support the transition of children into youth ministry and align with family focused elements of RPC vision.
- Direct the volunteer Sunday school and Jacob’s Ladder coordinators. This may involve assisting with recruitment and scheduling of volunteers, choosing curriculum, planning events, communicating with parents and others within the church.
- Because this role encompasses elements of family ministries, the expectation includes engagement with younger children by periodically participating in Sunday school events and other church activities.
- Actively engaged in own spiritual formation
- Minimum 2 years experience leading youth in a Christian context or a degree in related field.
- Demonstrates cultural competence and experience in multicultural context*
- Enjoys creating space for dialogue and personal connections
- Excellent communication skills
- Has administrative capabilities
- Understands and implements safe church policies
- Able to work in Canada as either a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
*Cultural competence is comprised of four components: (a) Awareness of one's own cultural worldview, (b) Attitude towards cultural differences, (c) Knowledge of different cultural practices and worldviews, and; (d) Cross cultural Skills.
This is posted as a full-time position, but we are open to considering alternate work arrangements for the right applicant.
Please send resume to [email protected]
Thank you for sharing this opening! Do you have an email address for applicants to contact you or apply?
yes! Please send a resume to [email protected]
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.