As a supplement to the Safe Church Policy Toolkit, we are providing these sample policies as examples of what other churches use as their abuse prevention policies. The policies listed here are samples only and are not officially endorsed by Safe Church Ministry in any way. In addition, these samples may not reflect the church's most current policy.
A few comments about policy that are also stated in our policy toolkit:
- We discourage copying/pasting another church's policy - each church must develop policies that fit their own unique context, and create buy-in from the congregation so that policies are properly integrated.
- Further, policies should always be reviewed by a legal professional.
- Lastly, consider posting your policy publicly on your church website, and have visible copies of it in accessible spaces in your building. This will let people know that you care about maintaining an abuse-free environment for everyone and will remind your congregation to be aware of your safe church/abuse prevention practices.
The below sample policies are from Christian Reformed Churches that have allowed their policies to be posted. Please note that to protect the identity of the actual churches that created these policies, we have changed their names to: Sample Project CRC, Representative of Life CRC, Mid-Michigan Church, and Another CRC. The area in which the churches are located are also noted below:
- Sample Policy from Grand Rapids Michigan
- Sample Policy from Central Michigan
- Sample Policy from Minnesota
- Sample Policy from Ontario Canada
Also, please check out the wonderful sample policies from Doves Nest, including their short sample policy and longer sample policy. They also have resources in Spanish: Muestra póliza en Español: PDF or Word
Please email [email protected] for questions or if you would like these samples in a different format.