Dispatch Christian Reformed Church, located in Cawker City, is seeking a full-time pastor to lead our congregation in carrying out our ministry in a rural, four-county area of North Central Kansas. We have been praying for a man to come alongside us as we move forward into a vibrant renewed ministry of faith, growth and fellowship within the church and our community.
Throughout Dispatch’s 142-year history, God has faithfully cared for our members and we have shown each other and the community that He is the Rock that our foundation is set on.
For more information about Dispatch CRC, our website is: Dispatch Christian Reformed Church - Home (dispatchcrc.org)
Attached is the Dispatch CRC Profile
Experience and Qualifications:
- No experience required but must be ordained or willing to become ordained as a Minister of the Word and/or Commissioned Pastor in the Christian Reformed Church.
- We are seeking a Spirit-equipped servant-leader who is committed to the Reformed faith.
- Who relates well with the young and older generations of our congregation.
- Teaches the truths of the Bible and lives them out daily. Messages will be biblically based and applicable to members daily lives.
- He will work alongside and support the church in carrying out our vision and purpose: “Believe, Glorify, and Disciple”.
- Will communicate clearly with church members and the Council.
- Will lead and encourage the church to show the love of Christ within our community to meet their spiritual, emotional and physical needs.
If interested, please contact Mike Nyhoff at: [email protected] or call (785) 545-5285
Pastor Search Team
c/o Mike Nyhoff
610 Ross St.
Downs, KS 67437
My comments assume there is some missing information that might be helpful in providing an answer. The question indicates that the church is "technically" vacant, as per Church Order, even though it has two pastors. My assumption is that these pastors are not yet ordained CRC pastors. As such, the classis to which the church belongs should have assigned a church counselor to provide advice on the calling of a pastor; and classical pulpit supply, if requested by the church to deal with baptisms, communion, etc. I would recommend your church council contact the appointed church counselor to seek their advice on how to more forward on this matter. Alternatively, classis is also required to appoint church visitors to each church for advice and counsel. Your church council could also seek their advice.
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.