The CRC dedicates one Sunday every year both to recognize National Indigenous Peoples Day and to celebrate the Indigenous Ministry of the CRC. Indigenous Ministry Sunday provides an opportunity for everyone in Canada to learn more about Indigenous peoples, their cultures, and to celebrate the gifts and richness that Indigenous people bring to life in Canada.
We've gathered a group of recent prayers produced for this annual Sunday for your church to use. You can find more resources for this Sunday here.
To learn more about the work of the Canadian Indigenous Ministry Committee that your offering on Indigenous Ministry Sunday supports, browse this website or contact our Justice and Reconciliation Mobilizer, at [email protected]
- For the Suicide Crisis in Indigenous Communities
- Prayers During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Weekly Justice Prayers
- Seven Sacred Teachings
- I THANK-YOU! Naskomtin!
- A Prayer for Those Who Protect and Serve
- Prayer: We are All Relatives
- The Lord's Prayer in Dene
- A Prayer for the Uncovering of Graves in Kamloops
- Praying Through the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action #71-76
- Prayer for the Implementation of the MMIWG report calls to action
- Written Version: For Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women