November 2022 Webinar: Safe Church Basics Step 5: Responding to Abuse
For our 2022 webinar series Safe Church went Back to the Basics of abuse prevention, awareness, and response by sharing five steps to becoming a safer church. All of the 2022 Safe Church Basics Webinars can be viewed at YouTube.com/SafeChurchMinistry. Please "Like" or "Subscribe" to the channel, if you haven't already.
This was the fifth step, focused on responding to abuse with compassion and justice as a church council which happened on November 30th, 2022.
The webinar recording can be viewed at our YouTube Channel's Safe Church Basics Playlist here.
This webinar featured Rev. Amanda Benckhuysen and Rev. Eric Kas as they presented the basics of responding to an abuse allegation which will involved:
- Framing the Situation
- Definitions and the Power and Control Wheel
- The Many Faces of Abuse: Learning from Stories
- How Institutions Often Respond and the Nature of Abuse On an Individual and Community
- The Power of the Leader and Sacred Trust
- Options for a Council to Respond to an Allegation of Abuse