Community Relationship Manager: EduDeo Ministries
Are you passionate about engaging communities for meaningful, transformative impact? Do you get excited about building relationships and inviting people into action for global / kingdom change? Do you like creating strategies and executing ideas to create ministry awareness and program participation? If so, come join our team!
Position: Community Relationship Manager
Classification: Salary – Full Time (Program Management)
Reports to: Key Relationship Director
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Working remotely anywhere in Canada (or out of our Hamilton, ON office, if local)
Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits plan
You will effectively steward and grow a variety of EduDeo’s community engagement programs. Whether monthly giving, major giving, or peer-to-peer fundraising, you will walk alongside supporters to engage, equip and encourage them as passionate advocates. Your strong relational skills will grow EduDeo’s presence across North America and rally new supporters to the cause.
Responsibilities and Duties:
To achieve your success profile, you will lead and elevate EduDeo in the following four areas:
- Monthly Giving Program: (30%)
- Steward and grow The Neighbourhood, EduDeo’s monthly giving program.
- Develop and implement strategies that nurture donor loyalty and foster personal relationships with the organization.
- Create and manage regular meaningful touchpoints with all levels of monthly donors.
- Manage and update database of monthly donor information.
- Growth and Recruitment:
- Develop and implement strategies to grow our monthly giving program.
- Introduce The Neighborhood to existing donors and program participants.
- In conjunction with the Development Team, gather content, assets, and stories for campaigns, and prepare materials needed for effective Monthly Giving Program communications.
- Community Events: (30%)
- Coordinate execution of community events, including planning, promotion, participant recruitment, day-of logistics, and donor recognition.
- Elevate existing community events and identify new community event opportunities across Canada.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with event participants and sponsors.
- Lead peer-to-peer donor appeals for overall donor conversion, including direct mail, digital, and phone campaigns.
- Donor Development: (30%)
- Maintain a donor engagement plan for existing donors with major giving potential, qualifying and upgrading them as appropriate.
- Actively cultivate relationships with prospective donors, recruiting them to join EduDeo’s support community in meaningful ways.
- Ensure all donors on your caseload are appropriately thanked and receive regular and timely communication from EduDeo.
- In conjunction with the Development Team, prepare the necessary letters, proposals, and other communications to effectively solicit and steward donors.
- Organization: (10%)
- Be an active member of the Key Relations Team.
- Be an active participant in team meetings, etc.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, trends, tools, and developments in job-related fields.
- Provide assistance, as requested, at various significant organizational events.
- Continue to grow through professional development opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
You’re the ideal candidate if you have:
- A strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His church.
- A strong commitment to the vision, mission, values, and goals of EduDeo Ministries.
- High self-motivation, ambition, and adaptability.
- Strong advocacy for exceptional donor experiences and relationships.
- A minimum 1 year in a donor relations or fundraising role, with experience in soliciting gifts, managing monthly giving and / or donor relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Experience planning in-person or virtual events.
- Excellent administration and promotion skills.
- An ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment. You’re highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and Salesforce is an asset.
- Experience with a development organization is preferred.
- Flexibility to work some irregular hours, including evenings and some weekends.
- A desire and ability to regularly travel across Canada as needed.
- A desire and ability to travel internationally approximately 1 week per year.
- An ability to legally work in Canada.
- Competitive sector salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- International Travel.
- Registered Pension Plan with EduDeo contributions equal to 5% of your annual salary.
- Paid vacation and additional paid time off between Christmas and New Years.
- Flexible work-life balance.
- Fun and welcoming culture where team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day and receive the support they need to thrive.
How to Apply:
Requirements: Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, and a personal statement of faith to [email protected]. (Applications without all three documents will not be considered.) A range of qualifications are evaluated, including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate congruence with EduDeo’s identity as a Christian mission organization.
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023 or until position is filled.
We love your comments! Thank you for helping us uphold the Community Guidelines to make this an encouraging and respectful community for everyone.