It’s coming. . . Advent and Christmas are just around the corner!
In the webinar recording below, five worship planners came together to brainstorm and share their thoughts and ideas for Advent and Christmas themes, art, music, lessons and carols, choirs, and more. Listed below are several of the resources mentioned in the webinar. Watch and listen to the roundtable discussion to see how these resources (and more!) are being used in worship.
Thanks to Katie Roelofs (Washington DC), Kristina Jipping (Kalamazoo, MI), Kyle Vanderzee (DeMotte, IN), James Lee (East Islip,NY), and Kevin Soodsma (Grand Rapids, MI), for participating in this discussion.
Resources named in the webinar:
- Narnia Series: Check out Reformed Worship Issue 129
- Narnia Prayer with "Wait for the Lord" (a prayer and song by Katie Roelofs, Reformed Worship resource)
- Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence (#821 Lift Up Your Hearts)
- Imagine, by Keith & Kristyn Getty (#72 Lift Up Your Hearts)
- View the Present Through the Promise (#470 Lift Up Your Hearts)
- A Christian's Daily Prayer, Sovereign Grace music (sovereigngracemusic.org) free download
- Is He Worthy by Andrew Peterson
- GraceMusic.us (Free downloadable music for congregation, choir, and instruments. Great resource if you’re looking for traditional hymnody in a praise band setting, piano arrangements, instrumental parts, orchestra, choral, etc.).
- Song of Hope (Heaven Came Down) - by Robbie Seay.
- Living Hope, by Phil Wickham
- In Hope We Wait Emmanuel, by Douglas Wagner, choral piece
- Christmas Worship and Christmas Worship Vol. 2., by Paul Baloche. Some favorites have been "Angels From the Realms of Glory/Emmanuel," "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear/Glorious," "Joy to the World/Shout for Joy," and my all-time favorite Baloche Christmas offering, "O Come All Ye Faithful/We Adore You."
- Lessons and Carols service on the theme, King of Kings. Email Katie Roelofs at [email protected] for more information.