Listen and learn from four active worship pastors and leaders. This roundtable discussion on choosing music for worship addressed these topics and more:
- What specific criteria do you use for choosing new music?
- How do you introduce a new song?
- What is your cultural context and how does that impact song selection?
- Do you have guidelines for how often you introduce a new song/hymn?
Endorsed Worship Coaches, Ruth Ann Schuringa, Chris Walker, Tom Dykstra, and Greg Scheer share their thoughts and offer practical advice for evaluating, selecting, and tracking congregational songs.
- The Art of Worship, on leading worship teams, by Greg Scheer
- Essential Worship, for worship leaders, by Greg Scheer
- Worship Quest, gives info on a balanced song diet, by Stephen D. Brooks
- Hymnary.org, a website with many hymn resources
- Social media - CRC Worship Leaders Facebook group
- Hymnals: Lift Up Your Hearts and Psalms for All Seasons