Again and again, Scripture reminds us that God cares for the foreigner, the orphan and the widow. Because we seek the heart of God, we too have a heart for refugees and newcomers in our country and we believe that we are called to walk with them in advocacy, justice, and welcome.
These resources will help you integrate this welcome into your church service and devotional time. Go deeper with our Journey with Me workshop.
- Migratory God prayer
- This beautiful prayer can be prayed by you or your worship leader in a church service as written, and/or the video and audio (with the author reading) can accompany it.
- A Prayer for Refugees and Displaced Persons
- A prayer, from the Mennonite Central Committee, for refugees and displaced persons around the world.
- Prayer Stations: Walking with Refugees
- Ideas for setting up prayer stations that allow participants to engage with the experience of refugees by symbolically walking with them and connecting with their experiences while praying for them and for ourselves.
- Journey with Me
- Developed as a compliment to our Journey with Me workshop there is a PDF of prayers and litanies below.
- Worship Resources in Response to the Refugee Crisis
- An ecumenical collection of resources that help with creative response, through prayer and reflection, to the tragedy of the refugee crisis that so often leaves us wordless.
- God’s Eye is on the Refugee
- This drama, which can be incorporated into a worship service, is a celebration of God’s justice, character, and call to care for refugees.
- A list of song suggestions to incorporate into your service is available in the PDF below.
- Sermon ideas along with rich scriptural references. See the PDF below to access this rich list.
- God’s People: A People on the Move…
- A comprehensive ecumenical toolkit that is “designed to promote faith based reflection on migrant rights in Canada. Each fact sheet consists of an easy-to-read introduction to an issue, a bible study, and action ideas. Geared to adults and older youth, the ten fact sheets are ideal for use in facilitating a Bible study, coffee hour discussion or Sunday school class. Alternatively, they can also be used as a starting point for developing a workshop on migration issues.”
- 40 Day Personal Challenge: “I was a Stranger”
- An easy-to-use resource that provides a printable bookmark that lists “forty different short biblical passages that related in one way or another to the topic of immigration. Get your bookmark here, stick it in your Bible, and commit to reading one passage each day for forty consecutive days.”
- 7 Day Devotional for the World Refugee Crisis
- This 7-Day plan, excerpted from the Inspire Justice 365-Day Devotional, follows a "Read, Reflect, Respond" format to help you journey through Scripture and learn more about God's justice for refugees.
- Looking for resources for kids? Check out the post Refugee Justice for Kids.