For those of us who work in children’s ministry, these past few months have been filled with many unique challenges we never expected to encounter. How do we help children grow in faith in an online environment? What do we plan for summer when we don’t know what size groups of children can be together? What precautions will we need to take when we are able to have face-to-face ministry again?
There are many things to think about right now in children’s ministry, and FFM’s latest Children’s Ministry newsletter is full of resources, conversations, and ideas about the various challenges we are facing:
- For some of you, this might be the right time to rethink your basic ministry goals.
- For others, you might want some guidance for reopening your face-to-face ministries.
- Maybe your church is thinking about summer ministries or equipping families for their children’s faith formation.
- You might even be evaluating your approach to online ministry opportunities.
- You may be looking for resources on how to talk with children about race and justice.
If you are interested in receiving this newsletter, subscribe to the mailing list. Or if you have any questions or ideas that you would like the newsletter to highlight in future editions, feel free to contact me at [email protected].
Mimi Larson is Faith Formation Ministries’ Children's Ministry Catalyzer. If you have questions or challenges about faith formation in children, welcoming children in worship, choosing curriculum, equipping volunteers, and more, contact Mimi at [email protected].