After another week of social distancing, your kids might be feeling worried and fearful about everything going on right now. Are you seeing the need for conversations to reduce the concerns of the children around us? Kids Corner has some resources that can help. I’ve found the best stories from Liz and his pals in Terrene that address the theme of kids’ worry and fear, and help place them within God’s control and comfort.
Check out these Terrene Episodes (Liz and Friends Podcast) feature stories that can speak to recent events and can give an opportunity to build faith not fear:
- Buckethead: Liz, Spike, and Lucille let their greatest fears control them. Can Granny show them God’s joy for their lives or are they doomed to wear buckets on their heads?
- Fear Not: Scooter is Terrene’s best speller. But he’s got one BIG problem: the big stage and the bright lights terrify him. Can he overcome his fear and take the spelling crown?
- Homework Alert: What scares you the most? What do you do when you’re afraid? See how Liz and the gang deal with their greatest fears.
- Chameleon Chaos: Liz loves roller coasters.The loops, the turns, the tunnels! What causes the chaos this time?
- Consider It Pure Joy: A tornado traps the gang in a pile of rubble. How are they going to get out, and why is Lucille acting so strangely?
I’ll end with a prayer that you can find at the end of the “Buckethead” episode devotion:
Heavenly God, Everyone has fears. We worry. Sometimes it stops us from doing good things. We are afraid to fall, afraid to talk, afraid to act. But I need to have faith. You have told us not to be afraid and to give you all our fears and worries. I trust your promises. I know that even though you died on the cross, your power is so great that you rose again. In your promises, I am safe. You are my protector, my shield. You are with me. My Lord and my God. Amen.
Sr. Producer of Children's Ministry