Sunday school. Promiseland. KidsConnect. SONlife. Although the names we give our children’s ministry programs are different, our goals are the same: to nurture in children a faith that’s deep and wide, to support families as they nurture faith at home, and to call and equip leaders who will share the love of Christ with children.
Children’s ministry leaders share many of the same challenges:
- irregular attendance
- lack of volunteers
- telling God’s story to children who have different levels of familiarity with it
- helping families form faith at home
- equipping leaders who don’t have teaching experience
- connecting with children who have learning disabilities or behavioral challenges
- and more . . .
Sound overwhelming? It can be.
But those challenges mean that our calling to nurture faith in kids, to develop relationships with them as members of God’s family, and to encourage their families as they nurture faith at home has never been more important.
Good news: help is here! And it’s free.
Introducing the online Children’s Ministry toolkit. Created and curated by Faith Formation Ministries, this toolkit contains hundreds of tools for building a strong, vibrant children’s ministry in your church and addressing challenges that arise. Open the kit to access
- options for churches with few children
- tips for finding (and keeping!) volunteers
- ten questions you need to ask when choosing curriculum
- resources for family faith nurture
- materials for equipping leaders
- ideas for supporting kids with learning and behavioral challenges
- and more…
Ministry with children is a big job. It’s an important job. The Children’s Ministry toolkit was designed to provide you with the support you need to do the work you do.
Because children’s ministry matters. And so do you.