A well-planned missionary visit can make a big difference in how your church views missions. Here are some tips to plan a successful missionary visit:
- Involve your missionaries in a worship service
This will help your congregation get to know the missionaries and make the missionaries feel welcomed.
- Schedule a visit between missionaries and your pastor
Both will love the opportunity to talk about God’s work in the world.
- Involve missionaries in small-group activities like prayer groups, youth group, GEMS, Cadets, potlucks, etc.
You want your missionaries to feel like they’re part of a community.
- Link missionary kids with same-aged kids in your congregation
Who knows? Maybe some lifelong friendships will be formed!
- Invite your missionary out to lunch or dinner! They’ll love the gesture.
Perhaps they’ll appreciate some American food after serving in a different country!
- Take care of logistics so your missionaries don’t have to
You want their visit to be as carefree as possible!